The churchyard was extended in 1925 when, on November 11th, the Bishop of Dover concecrated the additional ground for burials. The original estimate was that 240 grave spaces would be provided, but the actual number is considerably less than this. The cost of the extension, including the cost of clearing and levelling what was orchard, was £163/18/10d. A full account is given in the Parish Magazines leading up to that date.
The extension was closed on the 7th January 1991 by order of the Secretary of State for the Environment, with the proviso that burial may be allowed for "the body of any member of the family of the person or persons heretofore buried in such grave."
To view a memorial and its inscription click on the relevant part of the map below.