Location: - Churchyard Extension
Map reference: E1 - click to see map
In the Parish Magazine of December 1926 the Vicar records that at a meeting of the Church Council on November 17th approval was given for the application of a Faculty to reserve two grave spaces in the new part of the churchyard to Mr. Herbert Hales. The plot next to this one, E2, was used when Herbert Hales' wife Mary died. But Herbert went on to marry again and it seems that this plot was never used.
The plot now has a willow-leaved pear, Pyrus salicifolia, growing on it.